To remind readers, I have been looking for more natural products to use on my body and home. Meaning I do not want there to be toxins like aluminum, formaldehyde, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petroleum, triclosan, polyethylene glycol, ammonia, chlorine, sodium hydroxide, etc.. I have chosen to do so because I have always been sensitive to the use of many household products and have recently experienced a lot of hormonal issues. My doctor recommended I change up the products I use on myself and around my home to help with the imbalance we were seeing in my blood tests. I also feel an environmental responsibility to make better choices in product formula and packaging.
Whole Foods recently had an amazing sale on the lotion I have been using (40% off of $9.99 for 32 oz., which is the same price you can find it for at Target). I thought since I am loving it enough to buy 2 bulk bottles like I am stocking up then I should share it in this month’s natural product review.
I have been using Everyone 3-in-1 Lotion in the scent Coconut + Lemon for 8 months now and I really like it. I selected this brand particularly because I wanted to find something that could replace not just my body lotion, but my facial moisturizer to minimize the number of products around and my partner’s lotion. We both have extremely dry skin, but I am better about applying lotion regularly and therefore not letting my lotion go bad. I choose a scented lotion at first since I knew I would be testing out the first bottle solo.
- Needs extra absorption time in the Summer. I apply lotion right after I shower and when I change out of my pajamas in the morning. In the Summer, there is actually some humidity in the air here. So it takes a bit more time and/or rubbing in for the lotion to fully absorb.
- Sometimes you need to reapply in one day. Though the winter was mild this year, I still found myself needing to reapply before bed around my elbows and knees.
- The Lavender + Aloe scent is bad. I did try each scent that was available at Whole Foods before repurchasing during the sale earlier this month. While I knew I loved the Coconut + Lemon and I found the Mint + Coconut and Unscented to be lovely, the Lavender + Aloe was strong like Axe body spray on a pubescent boy. I washed my hands multiple times, but my partner could still smell it on my hands when I returned home hours later. He did not like it either.
- The formula. We both like the smooth feel and lack of residue it leaves. We used Vaseline brand lotions prior, while they kept us feeling well moisturized all day long and sometimes until the next shower we felt sticky at time and noticed residue would rub off us onto our keyboards, desks, chairs, etc. The Everyone 3-in-1 lotion leaves us feeling soft and comfortable once it absorbs.
- I really can use it on my face. Though I use an SPF lotion in the morning to protect my skin from sunlight, this has been the best night time lotion I have ever used. I have pretty oily skin on my face (the exact opposite of the skin around the rest of my body) and this lotion seems to have helped with my overnight greasy face problem. My skin looks some what matte in the morning. O_O Never did I think that could be possible. I feel this proves their claim that it is for any skin type.
- Simplicity. It replaces 3 items that cost us twice the price of this one item. Thankfully it works for both of us too!
- Affordability. $9.99 for 32 oz that has lasted for 8+ months (I am still working on that first bottle) is pretty fantastic! I am curious how often Whole Foods might have this product on sale, but I figured buy two 32 oz bottles at such a low price while I can. Now that I am sharing it with my partner we will have not trouble using them before they go bad.
- Accessibility. Available at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and Whole Foods, but I have seen it in a some local natural stores as well.
- Cruelty free. No animals were harmed in the making of this product.