I have been sick WAY too much since I started this museum job. It has been occurring after ovulation each cycle and I am sick of it. I know my immune system takes a big of a dive then, but I never got sick this often before. So I have been looking into measures I can take to secure my wellness. They include the following:
- Stay hydrated with water and herbal teas throughout the day,
- Wash all reusable drink containers daily and disinfect weekly,
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer hourly at the very least,
- Do not touch my face while at work (meaning you should use your elbow, a tissue or clothing to cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough),
- Do not use hands to eat,
- As soon as I get home, I should change clothes and wash from my hands to my elbows before doing anything else,
- Have designated outerwear for work and wash it each laundry day,
- Disinfect my entire home once per week (including your purse/wallet),
- Eat plenty of nutrients like vitamins A, C, D, E, Zinc and beta carotene,
- Move regularly throughout the day (A.K.A., get that movement or workout in),
- Take time to relax daily,
- and finally, get plenty of sleep.
Hopefully, I will be able to report no illnesses next cycle. If you have any additional tips, please share!
- Friends in the child care and education fields