We are about a month into Spring and I have another natural product review for you! This month’s product serves multiple cleaning purposes for us around our homes, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Concentrate. We have purchased the Lavender and Red Clover scents. We use it to clean the toilet, counters and floors. We pour 1 Tbs amount into the toilet before scrubbing with a toilet brush, add 2-4 Tbs into a spray bottle and fill the rest of the way with water to use on all surfaces (including that once a month shower wipe down) and add ~ 2 Tbs to the bucket of water we use to mop our kitchen and bathroom floors.
- If not balanced well with water it can leave your surfaces sticky. This can be especially annoying with floors, so we do a test after it dries to know if we should run a water only soaked mop over the floor to remove the stickiness.
- Not all scents from the brand are great… They thankfully offer a lot of options and we STRONGLY suggest you smell it prior to purchase. My partner was the first to pick up this brand of cleaner and I remember I had to return the first bottle because the name of the scent sounded great, but when I opened the bottle we both gagged. No I can not remember which scent that was, sorry, it has been several years. We were both quite surprised by the Red Clover 🙂 though.
- I wish it worked on windows. I tried and got streaks, even with the help from a microfiber cloth. I am still looking for that natural product to do it ALL and window-like surfaces are the last thing I really need something multi-purpose to be able to tackle. Please let me know if you have recommendations in the comments below!
- Simplicity of only needing to purchase one item to clean the entire apt. We use to have separate solutions for shower, toilet, bathroom counter, kitchen counter, hard floors, etc.. That not only was expensive, but over crowding our cabinets and created a lot of waste…
- It cleans quite well. I do not find myself scrubbing my life away to remove things from surfaces. I spray and let it sit for a moment or scrub with a brush and TA DA the surface is clean!
- Leaves behind a lovely scent. It typically lasts until I either cook something with a strong scent, in the case of the kitchen, or my partner takes a shower, in the case of the bathroom, because his manly scented products conquer all others. The other areas of the apartments it will linger for a few days, especially with the lavender scent.
- Affordability. We spent around $7.99 for the Lavender scent 2 years ago and still have it. The Red Clover scent is only a year old, we got it 40% off with a Cartwheel offer exclusively for that scent from Target and we have barely made a dent.
- Accessibility. Always available at Target and I have seen it in many other stores as well.
- Cruelty free. No animals were harmed in the making of this product.
Overall, I have recommended it to folks, but I would say it is ok for me. It cleans very well and leaves a refreshing scent, but I really wish it could take care of those glossy surfaces too.